Thursday, October 20, 2005

Whew...

Over the summer we had a hard drive crash. That was when we discovered to my horror that Quickbooks had not been backing up my data to the thumb drive like I thought, but to the very hard drive that had crashed. I lost about four months' worth of sales transaction data and bank account information in the crash. Fortunately I have paper records to back it up, but it was going to be a long and extremely tedious process to get it all entered back in.

It's not totally fixed now, but it's fixed enough that I can function again in Quickbooks. The cash box still doesn't balance, and I don't have all the deposits matched up with the sales transactions yet; but my bank accounts balance now, and since all my sales transactions are entered, I can calculate my sales tax liability. I've spent all day today working on it, and I'm very proud of myself.