Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ultrasound Results

We had our ultrasound this morning.

The baby is perfectly healthy, has a 4-chambered heart and all the usual brains and kidneys and stuff, and, as the ultrasound tech put it, "outdoor plumbing".

Yup, we're on line to get a third boy! That'll be nice for Bagel to have a little brother close enough in age that he won't mind playing with him. Princess will be terribly disappointed, though; she was rooting for a girl, even though I explained to her that an 8-year age difference will mean that she as a teenager could be sharing a bedroom with a little kid.

I'm now officially 3 for 4 guessing the genders of my kids; I thought this one would be a girl, based on all the vomit. I should have known better-- I could read math texts, if I could get the time to sit down and read for more than thirty seconds at a stretch. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Names? Tentatively, Anthony Vincent. We'll call him Tony. That way if I find that somebody's messing with my family, I can threaten to send Tony out to break his knuckles.