Friday, June 04, 2010

"He's dead!"

Knuckles is supervising while I cook dinner. Tonight it's "breakfast for dinner" because at the time I was supposed to be starting the pizza dough, I was a bit occupied with trying to keep three boys from killing each other simultaneously or in pairs.

I bring the big bag of frozen hash browns out of the freezer. On the bag is a cute little anthropomorphic potato cowboy. "There's Mr. 'Tato!" squeals Knuckles. "Yes, Mr. Potato!" I echo. "He's dead," Knuckles intones solemnly.

"He's dead?"
"Yeah."
"When did he die?" I ask respectfully.

"He died in THERE!" said Knuckles, and pointed to the bag of hash browns.

Oh boy.

"I'm gonna EAT him!" says Knuckles, cheerily.

Oh boy oh boy...

"And I'm gonna eat Mr. Bread with an EGG!"


Is it really cannibalism if it's only anthropomorphic food?