Monday, April 05, 2010

Fetch Me Some Water

I've noticed lately that Knuckles loves to bring me cups of water, preferably with about a dozen straws in them. He brought me one today, and it reminded me of something that happened a while back.

I was at my mom's house, reading in the living room, when Knuckles came up to me with a tiny paper cup of water and motioned me to drink it. So I did. It tasted a little funny, and it was room temperature, but I graciously said "Thank you!" to him. He took the cup and ran off again. A few minutes later he came back with a second cupful, which I also drank and thanked him. At that point someone remarked, "I didn't hear the water running." That was the point at which I realized that the tiny paper cups were kept in the bathroom... that he had brought them to me from down the hall, not from the kitchen... and I hadn't heard the water running either.