Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Snugglers

When Knuckles wakes up in the middle of the night, he often wanders into our room and climbs into bed with us. When I wake up I almost always giggle. He and FH are usually asleep in the exact same position. If FH has an arm up, Knuckles has an arm up. If FH has kicked off his covers, Knuckles has too. Knuckles is a daddy's boy; he's named after FH, and it shows.

I enjoy having Knuckles to snuggle. Bagel doesn't like snuggles. He does, however, like to jump into my lap and say "I'm a tomato, eat me!!!" (whereupon I tickle his tummy). Sometimes he's corn or an apple instead of a tomato, and sometimes he tests me to see if I'll eat him if he's an inedible object.

Sonshine is required every day to give me Patented Sonshine Hugs. He likes snuggling and comes into our bed every morning, whether we're still in it or not, for a little snuggle.

Princess is getting too big for snuggles, but she does love it when I play with her glossy, waist-length hair. I wish I had more time to spend on brushing it and braiding it. I'll have to make do with sewing her costume for her dance solo. It is her first solo this year, and I have all the materials to make her a beautiful tutu, one of those kind that stick out like a platter.