Thursday, September 13, 2007

Look Ma, No Glasses!

Today I stopped by Sam's Club on the way home from work. My intention was to pick up a couple of things and come home. But I walked past the optical department, and I remembered that my glasses were being held together with duct tape after being cobbled together from two different frames, and I knew we had the money for new glasses, so I decided "what the heck, I'll go get my eye exam today."

There was a box on the forms I was filling out that asked if I was interested in contacts, and I said "Maybe". But when the eye doctor suggested them, I thought "oh, what the heck?" and got them!

I put them on and had a big surprise when I sat down in front of the mirror. I knew my face was fatter than it used to be, but I really wasn't expecting that I had so many wrinkles. I think they were hiding under my glasses frames; I couldn't see them with my glasses off before, because my vision was so bad.

So now I'm officially old... but at least now I don't have to see the world through baby fingerprints.