Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Launch

Behold the new and improved Curious Workmanship online store!

I decided to make my life simpler and only put booties in the store, and take orders rather than track inventory. Everything else I've got is still going to be on Etsy. In fact I probably won't be making any of that stuff (scrubbers, skillet handle covers, etc.) unless I get a bee in my bonnet or a special request for it.

I've got three contractors now under contract for 60 pairs of the most popular colors and sizes of booties. Contracts are due on various days the end of this month, so hopefully I'll get some orders! Eventually I want to get 6 or 7 contractors, but I can't afford it right now. Soon I'm going to apply for a business line of credit, and if I get that I can afford it, or else I can make do with three contractors till I earn enough seed money to hire on some more. But if I can get that many contractors on, then I can afford to quit teaching because I'll be taking home as much profit a month as my teaching salary for one class. I like teaching, but it's just getting so difficult, with the commute to Salt Lake City and all. I'm finding it's taking me a week or more to grade stuff, just because the kids won't ever leave me alone during what's supposed to be my prep time.

Wish me luck!