Monday, April 24, 2006

The Bagel Lexicon

Bagel loves "cookies". He even devoted a whole sentence to them; he took a ring-shaped bath toy and bit it, saying "I bite cookie!" Bagel defines "cookie" a little different from the rest of us, though; for him, any disc-shaped food is a "cookie". So zucchini slices are "cookies" as well.

Bagel also defines any spherical or roughly spherical food as a "ball". Apples, oranges, tomatoes, meatballs, and bell peppers are all "balls". He recognizes the names of these foods, but when he talks about them he calls them all "ball". We play a little hand game called "round apple" and to ask for it, he does the beginning motion of it in his hand and says "ball". So I know he knows what I'm talking about when I say "apple;" it's only a "ball" to him.

Why am I blogging about this? Because if you ever encounter Bagel, you'd better be prepared to feed him. :)