Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Gardeners' Market Report

Last weekend at the Gardeners' Market we grossed $70. Since none of M's books sold, that's all mine. I put my profits toward buying more of the organic cotton yarn. This time I got an entire cone of the natural color. That's the most popular color for gifts, and it's starting to be gift-buying season. People have been coming to the booth and telling me they think it's about time for them to start buying Christmas gifts. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that far ahead...

I keep selling out of turtle scrubbers, so I made a whole stack of them this week. I also put some up on eBay, to see how they do and if they cross-promote well with my other items. These are my first eBay auctions since before Bagel was born, so we'll see how they do.

The soap holder I'd made sold in the first hour of the market, so I made a couple more of them. And I had this wacky idea to make a set of rainbow-colored dishcloths and a matching rainbow scrubber, which involved trying to dye some yarn orange. The dye job came out OK, although to my discriminating eye it left some things to be desired. I made the scrubber and one dishcloth, but I ran out of green yarn so I haven't made the other yet. I didn't bother trying to dye green yarn; I've got three cones of it coming this week. It's the hot color for wedding registries this year, and it also makes quite endearing turtle scrubbers.