Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Spinning Wheel

I've been waiting in line for a long time to borrow one of my guild's spinning wheels so that I can spin up this whole box of fiber into yarn, and finally my patience has come to fruition! I am now the possessor of a very attractive spinning wheel, which my husband brought home for me from work on Monday (the lady in charge of the guild wheels lives near his office and had dropped it off there).

Monday night I didn't get to touch it at all, though, because Favorite Husband wanted to play with it so badly that he wouldn't even let me try to spin. He messed with every control and function of the spinning wheel, and "made it go" all evening. Wheeeee! Look at the wheel! Look at it spin! See the moving parts! I was totally astonished to find my dear husband interested in something that didn't run off electricity. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be thinking, "Don't you have some program to install or hard drive to crash this evening, sweetie?"