Monday, September 22, 2008

Feed Me, PLEASE...

I have to get a camera stuck up my butt tomorrow (colonoscopy) so today I'm on a clear liquids-only diet. The thing that's bothering me the most about it is the feeling of my stomach being empty. I have to stay out of the kitchen so I'm not tempted to pop something substantial into my mouth.

I want FOOD, dammit! No more apple juice! No more ginger ale! None of this broth crap! I want meat and cheese and vegetables and fruits and bread!

And it's only 2 in the afternoon. In 2 hours I get to add a laxative to my lovely liquid diet. It probably won't change much of anything, since the reason I'm getting the colonoscopy is to find the cause of chronic diarrhea. I'm actually kinda looking forward to having nothing in there to cause gas or bloating. It'll make a nice change. I might even be able to fit into my skinnier pants when I'm not a gigantic methane balloon from the waist to the hips.