Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Selling Yourself

A guy is selling his virginity on eBay. At least, that's what the article says. I couldn't find the auction on eBay. Reportedly this guy's virginity is going for something on the order of $11,000. I did find an auction of someone's virginity, but so far he only seems to be worth $10.50. And it's not even a reserve price auction.

What cheeses me off the most is this quote from the article:
He [David Vardy] insists that his unique method of trying to lose his virginity is not a form of prostitution... "I'm not selling myself for sex repeatedly like a prostitute," Vardy said. [emphasis mine]


Ohhhh, I get it. If you sell yourself only ONCE, it's not prostitution. WhatEVER!!!!

UPDATE: The auction in the link above has been taken off by eBay. Here's another; this guy is only worth $5, and he hasn't had any bids yet. And for all those who would be proud to advertise that they are prostitutes, there's this auction for badges that say "I sold my virginity on eBay".

FURTHER UPDATE: The auction I just linked to in the previous update has been deleted too. But the buttons are still up.