Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas went well. We went up to my parents' house for Christmas Eve, and then on Christmas morning we went to my sister's house for brunch, which included waffles made on the waffle maker I got them for Christmas. I wanted to make sure they had a nice waffle maker, one with the removable grids for easier cleaning, and that made four-up waffles so that they could serve all four impatient kids with the first batch. The one I got them has reversible grids that flip over so that it can be used as a griddle for pancakes, eggs, or bacon too.

The kids were delighted with all their gifts. Santa brought the oldest two MP3 players, which is bound to save us loads of money as they will no longer be stealing, fighting over, and breaking my favorite disks. Now I can actually consider buying a CD again! About 70% of Bagel's gifts were Thomas the Tank Engine gear, which pleased him mightily as he is obsessed with trains. Knuckles finally got some toys of his very own, which all three of the other children stole from him at the earliest opportunity.