Thursday, August 04, 2005

Moving: Now Worse Than Wedding

I love being married to Favorite Husband, but I will never have another wedding in my life. It was more hassle than it was worth. In fact, up until now, planning and executing a wedding was the worst nightmare of my entire existence. It even beat out grad school and my thesis defense, that's how bad it was.

This move has now officially surpassed the Wedding From Hell as the worst nightmare of my entire existence. The moving part is the least of my worries; it's easy to box stuff up, we did it all the time when FH was in the Air Force. No, it's the buying of the house that is making this the Move That Is Rapidly Going To Hell In Not Only A Handbasket, But A Handbasket Decorated With Sickeningly Pink Bows.

I'll have to post the details later, but suffice it to say that a week before we are supposed to close on our house, our loan officer has suddenly presented us with a massive list of paperwork that she claims to need. Half of the paperwork we have already sent her, some of it twice. Some of the rest has a normal processing time of 7-14 days so we will not be able to get it to her before closing, no matter how insistently she asks.

I have dropped everything I had planned for today and I am going to spend the entire day trying to expedite this paperwork so that we can close on our closing date. And I have e-mails and calls in to everybody I can think of who can slap the loan officer upside the head and ask her "What the HELL are you trying to pull?" and letting them know that if our closing is delayed because of her, we expect full reimbursement for all costs and losses we incur as a result.

On top of all this, I am in Finals Week with my summer class, and I am already receiving e-mails from students in my Fall class in Tooele asking me questions I can't answer about their schedules and using abbreviations I've never seen before in my life. The new school is asking for a vision check for Sonshine to enter Kindergarten. FH's employer has just changed dental insurance and is only now getting around to telling us, so it's lucky we forgot Princess' dental appointment earlier this week, because we would have gotten there and found that the insurance we had was denied. And I'm trying to pack up my entire house while people are still living in it and using the stuff, and I have to rent out our house before we leave as well, because if I don't get it under lease before we close, they won't approve the loan.

You got anything else for me to do? Because if any of you were planning to spring anything else on me before I move, now's the time. Bring it on.