Saturday, May 28, 2005

Memorial Day Sales

Sales this Memorial Day at the Gardeners' Market are up 27% from last year. Unfortunately, I still won't be able to get all the merchandise I wanted to get for Summerfest. But that's all right; I just have to figure out what to get with the money I have.

The trouble is, I don't know what to get. The scarves and ponchos haven't been selling well at all. They only sell when they're on sale for 20% off. So I don't think I would have a very good show at Summerfest selling only the scarves and ponchos. The crocheted oven mitt and dishcloth sets sell well, but there's no way in hell I could make enough of those to do Summerfest. So it's gotta be dyed stuff, because that's all I can produce fast enough and cost-effectively enough.

So, what do I get to dye? T-shirts? hats? different scarves? baby onesies? more baby blankets? The onesies seem to be popular. What else might be popular? I have no idea.