Friday, May 27, 2005

Sonshine's World

"Mom, can you make me a pair of rocket boots?"

"No, sweetie, I don't know how to make rocket boots."

"Well, all you have to do is put some candles in the bottom to make fire come out the bottom, and then the fire makes the boots go up and FLY!!! And those engines are on the boots and they're JUST LIKE ROCKETS!!! Like on airplanes!"

"No, sweetie, you can't make rocket boots like that."

"How do you make rocket boots?"

"I don't know, sweetie."

"Well I know how to make rocket boots! I could tell you and you could make them."

"If you already know how to make rocket boots, why don't you make them yourself?"

"Can't you make them for me, Mom?"

"No, sweetie, I can't make rocket boots. I don't know enough science to make rocket boots. But I do know that candles won't make them fly."

"Why not?"

"Because it's not enough to just have fire coming out the bottom. It has to make thrust."

"Well, I want a pair of rocket boots."

"Good for you. But I can't help you with them."


Isn't the world a great place when you're five?