Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Music

My sister Mim "got" me in some sort of game of blogging tag, so I'm supposed to post something about my taste in music. My first reaction to this was "Huh?" I don't usually do chain-letter type things, and I'm afraid I don't have much taste in music. I like some of just about every type of music, including country, opera, bagpipe, and klezmer. I'm even a fan of rap, if you take out all the objectionable lyrical content. But I don't listen to music much. I'm usually too busy telling small people not to poop on the floor to have much time for music.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?

I haven't a clue. Favorite Husband does all that. I only listen to disks, and then usually only in the car.

2. The last CD you bought was:

They Might Be Giants, "The Spine".

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

It has been so long since I purposefully listened to a song, that I can't remember. It was probably a Christmas song. The last song I wished I was listening to was They Might Be Giants' "Experimental Film" from the above-mentioned album. But I only wished I was listening to it, because Favorite Husband took away all my albums saying he was going to make them all into MP3's for me (AGAIN) even though I didn't want them as MP3's in the first place, and that was the last I saw of it.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

1. John Denver, "Perhaps Love"
2. R.E.M., "Driver 8"
3. Flying Neutrinos, "Mr. Zoot Suit"
4. Voice Male, "Loch Lomond"
5. Bizet, "Pres Des Remparts De Seville" (from Carmen)
6. They Might Be Giants, "The Statue Got Me High"
7. Suzanne Vega, "Caramel"
8. Enya, "China Roses"
(OK, so I can't count, give me a break, I'm a math major)

I'm just glad the prompt didn't ask me to explain why these songs mean a lot to me! That would reveal an awful lot about me that I don't want going out over the internet.

5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

I am passing it to no one, because I don't like chain letters. Plus I've already got bad luck so whatever pro-chain-letter cosmic forces there are don't have much leverage on me.