Friday, October 01, 2004

Felted Bag

I finished the bag yesterday evening. All in all, it took a really long time, because I kept getting bored with it, but I like the way it looks so far.




The pattern close to the top I came up with because I was sketching a drawing of what I wanted the bag to look like and I drew it too short, so I scribbled out the old top line and drew a new one and then realized that it would be cool as a pattern across the bag. I'm still working on the I-cord for the straps, and I think I will felt the i-cord separately. I don't know how much it will shrink and in which directions, so I want to be sure the straps are the right lenth and in proportion to the bag. It's made from the New Zealand wool that WH got on E-bay :D The red we dyed ourselves, and the gray is leftovers from my sweater.

Also this week I finished up these things:



The booties are made from the yarn that my MIL brought me from Germany. It's a wool & nylon blend, it's really nice. The toddler mittens are a recycled Rayon/Nylon/Angora blend that I got from a sweater. They're really soft.



This is from the same yarn as the booties, only cream.

All in all, I'm a very busy girl! Sheesh!