Friday, September 24, 2004

Great Lines

Sometimes I come across a really great line pr quote in an article. I didn't think any individual one was worth a whole post, and I rarely come across several at once, so I decided I would use the "Draft" feature of Blogger to make a collection of these and post it when I thought I'd found enough.

So here are this week's memorable lines:
"Seattle's 'Radio Equalizer,' Brian Maloney, has left Newsradio 710 KIRO-AM the same way he arrived – fired with enthusiasm." [Maloney was fired from his job.]

"You know how you always been fond a sayin’ you feel like a long tailed cat in a room full a rockin’ chairs? Well, seems to us like you’re startin’ to look more like the ground floor tenant in a two-story outhouse."
From the same article: "We heard tell when he was born his ol’ momma carried the little feller around upside down for a whole year wonderin’ why he only had one eye."