Monday, September 20, 2004

Fly-Catching With Vinegar And Honey

Over at the new QandO site, Dale Franks rips into people who come all the way over to his blog just to criticize him for using particular computer stuff. (Don't ask me what kind of computer stuff-- I married a guy to handle all my computer needs!)
... what is it that compells you to go to web sites and publicly spout criticisms because they aren’t using your favorite technology? Do you randomly walk up to Chevy users on the street and ask them why they are so stupid when everybody knows that Fords are obviously better cars?
Dale has a very good point. I don't know why people do this, but there are always people who think it's their duty to give you their unsolicited advice or criticism. As my dad jokingly says, "Everyone's entitled to my opinion."

Perhaps they want to persuade other people to like the same things they like, so they won't feel so alone. I know I've been guilty of this. But at least they can be nice about it and invite instead of criticize. As my mom (the fount of all wisdom) says, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."