Friday, April 02, 2004

About Fallujah

I will eventually get around to posting about Fallujah. I'm one of those kind of people who has a delayed grief reaction. I usually have to get past a funeral, sometimes way past, before I'll start grieving the dead. So my blog entries on tragedies like this one are usually way out of style by the time I get to writing about them.

Suffice it to say, for the moment, that I am thinking about it, that I have seen the pictures, and that I think there are better strategists than I at work on the situation. I'm not so proud as to think that some analysis of mine on a blog that only my sister and Unkle Remis read will be nearly as insightful as the analysis of the leaders on the ground in Iraq. And I thought it was important for me to see the pictures. I was late getting the kids to school this morning because of it. I wanted to look at them in the morning, not in the evening, so that I wouldn't get nightmares; and so when the kids finished their morning chores early, I sent them outside to play so that they would see neither the pictures nor my immediate reaction to them.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one delaying my post, Technicalities did too. Plus he has a nice Potshot quote from my distant cousin Ashleigh Brilliant in the header of his blog.