Thursday, March 25, 2004

It's A Rebellion!

I think I've started somewhat of a rebellion. Tiny Princess has been at the new charter school this year, and evidently we've been great advertising for it, because now at least four families I know, comprising nine children, are enrolling for the fall. I told each of the parents about the school and what I liked about it, and they all made the same decision.

The only downside to this is that the principal of our local elementary school, which is now down nine pupils' worth of funding for the fall because of me, goes to our church. It's been awkward enough with her making snide remarks about how the charter school is taking away her students while Tiny Princess was the only one. With eight more gone now, including one of her cash cows Special Ed students, she's going to be just livid-- and she's going to know who's responsible for starting a little school choice rebellion.