Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Crazy Guy On The Bus Has A Plan

When I was in college I had no car, so I'd ride the bus. You meet all kinds of... interesting people on the bus. One time I met this man who started to tell me all about his plan to bring free electricity to everybody in the country. We would take all the pennies out of circulation and make them into wire, because they're made of copper just like wire is. And then we could use the wire to bring electricity to everyone, and it would be FREE because it would be paid for by the pennies.

For some reason this reminds me of the currently proposed health care plan. We're going to save money by implementing savings, and then we're going to buy more health care with it-- and it'll be FREE because it's paid for by the savings! But even though there'll be things we're not getting as part of the savings, we'll still be able to get everything we had before!

I wish the people proposing this would get back on the bus and finish the ride to the mental hospital.