Wednesday, March 08, 2006

An interesting theory

Maybe this is why I've got so many boys:
TOUGH, confident females may be more likely to give birth to sons than women with less pushy personalities, researchers have found.

Scientists have established that eggs taken from female mammals have varying levels of testosterone and that those with the highest levels are more likely to develop into male embryos. Testosterone in women has been linked to more dominant character traits.
I am, after all, rather on the masculine side of the female spectrum, and full of what you might call "dominant character traits". I've never had my testosterone levels checked, but elevated testosterone levels would certainly explain a lot of the other stuff I've always wondered about myself.

Link via Interested Participant.