Monday, July 18, 2005

Mouth, Open, Making Fool Of Self

Howard Dean.

Summary: It's immoral to divide Americans-- which is what those other guys over there, in that other group are doing. The Democrat party's ideas are sensible, just like those of most of the nation, but I have not balked at borrowing ideas from the other side [whose ideas, by implication, are neither sensible nor popular...] We're rich enough to have national health care, even though our citizens can't afford it. Why is the Bush administration ignoring us, when we've got as much as a non-majority of the vote, and we're borrowing their non-sensible, unpopular ideas?

Mark Twain, I believe, was the one who said "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Consider my doubt completely removed. The Democrats are going to have to do better than this if they ever want me to have a D next to my name again.