Friday, December 24, 2004

Patdowns

I cannot for the life of me understand why the TSA would quit touching women between their breasts when patting them down at security checks.

I'm a woman, and I can tell you there is no better place to hide something than between your breasts, especially if they are large, because many large-size bras have "patented uni-boob technology" that squishes your breasts together into one humungus lump. You could hide a small child in mine (OK, I'm exaggerating, but I could hide a box cutter or enough explosives to do some serious damage). Women have been hiding sensitive stuff between their breasts for ages, mostly because they know nobody would dare touch them there. It is the height of stupidity (from a security standpoint) to openly declare that women's cleavage will no longer be searched. It's an engraved invitation to women to hide things in their cleavage.

I know some women don't like having their breasts touched. To them I say, tough cookies. I saw video of the screening procedure and it is totally non-sexual, they put the side of the hand between the breasts, and to top it all off the searches on women are performed by women. If you can't tell the difference between that and sex, you need to get laid more often.