Sunday, May 02, 2004

Computer Problems

Whew! I thought for a minute there I was going to lose my computer for the week. Favorite Husband managed to do something so heinous to his laptop that it required him to take the main computer apart. (I don't understand how this works, since the two were not connected at the time.) I thought for a bit that I was going to have to be without a computer for the week, since he's going on a business trip this week. It would have been OK-- I don't have a whole lot that absolutely needs to get done on the computer this week, and what I do have could be done at my parents'-- but still, it's nice to have a working computer that is not in bits on the floor.

I also see that Favorite Husband has removed the possessed DVD-ROM drive. It became possessed the week before last after a brief power outage, and refused to close its drawer. After briefly considering using it as a handy cup holder, I closed the drawer and unplugged it before it could open again. I'm not entirely sure why we need it (it is sitting right on top of a second DVD drive, which evidently is a cooler one because it writes DVDs as well), but F.H. says he needs to replace it now.