Friday, December 12, 2008

Should I Be A Twit?

I've been hearing a lot about how everybody loves this newfangled intertube thingy called "Twitter". Evidently it's some thing where everybody sends each other lots of text messages about all the quotidian things they're doing. People on Etsy are even promoting their shops by being on Twitter.

I'm never one to turn down an opportunity to promote my business, but I'm not sure about this Twitter thing. For one, nobody seems to have any good explanation why I should do it, other than "Twitter rocks!" For another, I have enough trouble navigating the social universe in real life; I don't have time to worry about Twitter etiquette. I'm finding Facebook plenty overwhelming, thank you very much. Finally, I have trouble comprehending why any sane person would want to know what I'm doing. Heck, I don't even want to know what I'm doing. It would be very, very boring: "Sonshine's having another meltdown because he can't work on Princess' Christmas present right now." "Bagel ate Knuckles' lollipop and now Knuckles is throwing stuff." "I'm nine months behind on my accounting now." "Sonshine's having another meltdown, this time over not being allowed a snack half an hour before dinner." "Bagel's melting down because of Sonshine's screaming." "Guess what? Another meltdown." "I'm running late, again." "I burned the dinner." "Another day that ends with only two things crossed off a to-do list the length of a football field."

There. If you would even think about wanting me on Twitter, just copy and paste that every frickin' day, because all the days around here are the same.