Friday, October 10, 2008

I Got Cheated!

Fall is my favorite season. The weather is cool enough to call for snuggling opportunities, but if it snows, it doesn't stick. There are big piles of leaves. The harvest is gathered in and there's a sense of cocooning, wrapping up snugly for the winter's big transformation. The hecticness of the holidays is not yet upon us, but we are still dreaming of sugar plums in the planning.

Sadly, I got cheated out of a goodly portion of my fall. We had 80 degree weather up until last week, and tomorrow they are forecasting the first snow of the season. Yeah, it won't stick. But it's not fair. I could have had weeks of 60 and 70 degree temperatures, but in just a couple of weeks we've gone from late-summer 80's to late-fall 40's and 50's.

I demand my fall weather!