Thursday, May 12, 2005

We're Moving

We just got word that my Favorite Husband's company will be relocating to Salt Lake City, so we will be moving.

We're thinking about moving in August, right before the start of school. We don't have to move until November, but I'd hate to pull the kids out of school mid-year and stick them into another school, especially Sonshine who will be starting Kindergarten. I'm looking into charter schools in the area. There's one just opening up a second campus in West Jordan that seems a lot like TECS, so I wrote to them to see if they have spaces for the kids for the fall. I'd hate to find a nice house and take a gamble on its local public school being able to meet Princess' and Sonshine's educational needs.

I'm not too happy about this move. I really like Cache Valley. Everything is so close, and it's a small-town atmosphere. I don't really want to live in a city. I don't want to have to worry about whether a neighborhood is a good neighborhood. I don't want to pay fares when I get on the bus. I don't want to have to drive everywhere I go. I want to live within walking distance of the school and FH's job and the grocery store.

UPDATE: FH had first told me the move would be in a year from now, but then he told me that we would have until November. After that he told me it would be a year from now again. So he's going to go back to work and find out which it is. We may not be moving until around the first of the year; I don't know. But I definitely want to move at a natural break in the kids' education.