Sunday, October 17, 2004

The End Of The Gardeners' Market

The Gardeners' Market is finally over! It's been great, but getting up at 6 every morning to go set up my booth was getting really old. Making organic cotton oven mitts is getting really old too, but they're one of my bestselling items, so I don't think I can afford to stop now.

We had an excellent sales day. Tiny Princess brought the sachets she's made, and sold fourteen of them for one dollar apiece. She came home so thrilled that she spread her fourteen dollars out in front of her brother and her friends. I've instructed her to bring $1.40 of it to church to pay tithing, and put the rest in an envelope to take to the bank.

Mim took over $100 in special orders, and I took nearly that amount as well. The kids got free pumpkins and free face painting. It was a great day.

Now I have a month to regroup, fill the special orders, finish all the yardwork that didn't get done on Saturdays because I was just bone-tired, and work up all the new stuff for the Winter Gift Market on November 20. After that there will be two weeks until the AVA Artisan Day, at which I'm considering setting up a booth. Hopefully between both of those events I'll have made enough money to have a nice Christmas.

UPDATE: you need to be an AVA member to put a booth up at Artisan Day, and membership appears to cost $25. I'm going to have to find out how much traffic they expect to get, to see if it will be worth even setting up at Artisan Day.