Tuesday, September 07, 2004

On School Invasion In Russia

I've been wanting to say something about this, but my mom reads this blog, and I couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't involve language that would offend my mom. I've been praying for the community that must be devastated by this incident, and I know the Lord welcomed home His children who were sent home by the $#^@ terrorists. (see what I mean? I can't think of any non-profane words to describe them, but I can think of a whole bunch of salty terms that would make Favorite Husband blush!)

All I can say is, they want to do this to you. They want to invade your child's school and blow it all to hell. If it would make world leaders more afraid, they would want Tiny Princess and Sonshine dead, and Bagel too for good measure. I cannot imagine what it would be like for us if terrorists took over our school, but we should all at least try to imagine it, because this is what we're up against. Picture your child's school in smoking ruins and your child's body charred beyond recognition, along with hundreds of his friends and classmates. Imagine having to choose which child you can save from this intolerable situation. Imagine people with bombs strapped around their waists telling your child she can't have any water. Imagine watching your son drink his own urine out of his shoe.

And then look me in the eye and tell me that we just need to understand these people and give them more money and talk about them a lot in the U.N. That if we only have a candlelight vigil or an anti-war protest that they might back off and spare our school.

And then watch as I punch you in the face.

I've never thrown a punch at a person in my life, and the only thing I've ever punched (harder than a pillow) was a digital thermometer that inexplicably wouldn't stop beeping. But I am mad enough about this that I will punch someone if they do what I've described above.

UPDATE: Read the comments on Blackfive's post on the subject for some nice debate.