Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Reading List

I'm a voracious reader. I typically devour at least one book a week during all but the very busiest times, three or more a week in the summer. I read primarily non-fiction, although I have been known to read the occasional fiction classic.

This week on the nightstand is The First World War by John Keegan. This is part of my ongoing effort to remediate myself after attending a public high school, where history classes inevitably ran out of time at about the turn of the century and were never very in-depth anyway. I love Keegan's writing, but it takes me forever to read his books because for some odd reason I keep falling asleep, even though it's fascinating and well-written stuff. I read his Intelligence In War a few weeks back and absolutely loved it. Anyone who wishes to take Bush et al. to task for faulty intelligence ought to read it for a reality smack.